Thursday, June 23, 2011

Domestic Revolution/I Have A Writable, Erasable Desk

I have a new desk! It's about time because since I've moved into my new house the spare bedroom has basically been a huge closet. Now I can finally use the space for work. Mario from Triple A Cosplay took my desk concept, and was a huge help in construction. Check it out:


It's ten feet long and about thirty inches deep. The frame is two-by-fours topped with particle board and finished with - get this - white dry-erase paint. I can draw all over the surface of this huge desk!





There's loads of space for any project or gear. The panel on the left is not yet attached, but I plan to mount hinges and a lift so that it can be an angled drawing table. Everything is made for function; if I want a pen cup, I just get a plastic beer cup and screw it onto the side. If I need to jot down notes or a schedule, I just do it right on the surface and erase it when I'm done. Frigging awesome...

What I'm playing:

  • Main Campaign: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
  • Side Quest: Rock Band 3, Trenched

No comments:

Post a Comment