Friday, December 31, 2010

Ümloud 2010

Ümloud! One of my favorite events from 2009 returned for 2010 and it was better than ever. I'm confident in saying "better" because this year my friends and I took the stage as Supercollider. The experience was well worth it. We all had a blast, and the event raised more than $11,000 for the Child's Play Charity. Supercollider is myself, James, Rick, Mario, and Alice. Bask for a moment in our awsomeness. Big thanks to Tyler Winegarner photography for the images.





















A couple of my favorite other bands were Are You There God It's Me Zilla performing Godzilla by Blue Öyster Cult, and Backbone performing Kings and Queens by 30 Seconds To Mars...one guy alone...on pro drums...having never played the game before. Fucking madness!








Everybody who take the stage was into it deep, just as it should be.

But was there gamer shit? Hell yeah, niño! I swagged a TurboGrafx joystick and some Final Fantasy 13 art, while my man James won a Puzzle Agent-themed iPod Touch not ten minutes after walking through the door! Those things only went out to game journalists. I very much pined for the cosplay-grade replica of Scarborough Fair, but it just wasn't my night.








It's just amazing what Ümloud as an organization is bringing to the gaming table. It keeps getting better and more beneficial every year, and I can't wait for the next one. This is solidly one of my favorite gaming events on the calendar. Rock on, guys!

 Hey, it's almost 2011! I sure have done a lot of stuff in 2010. I have a lot of swag from WonderCon, PAX, BlizzCon, and Ümloud. I think it would be cool to give some of it away! Not tonight, but very soon, after I get it all together. I'm thinking of something special for Child's Play, too. Watch this blog, and soon I'll have some details on how you can get a box of cool crap from the gaming events of 2010!

What I'm Playing:
  • Main Campaign: World Of Warcraft, Bayonetta
  • Side Quest: Rock Band 3, Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit, Hydro Thunder: Hurricane

No comments:

Post a Comment